Friday, July 26, 2013

What Did It Take?

Well, a busy year has come and almost gone and there's a lot to say.

I went to an ICU for my final practicum.  Kicked a ton of ass but got screwed out of training and, ultimately, a job.

I desperately looked for a job after the ICU fell through and found a great spot to land in cardiology.

I studied far too little for one of the most important exams in my life and was smiled on by the CRNE gods with a passing grade.

And now, one year since we last talked, I am a Registered Nurse with no clear opportunities but I have gained all the confidence I need to push myself for the rest of my career.




So, I guess now I know what it takes to become a nurse.

It takes perseverance, duh.

It takes heart, robots are shitty nurses

It takes the strength to change, you will never be the same person again.

It takes everything you've got and then it asks for more.

Because, if you're not giving everything you've got then you will never know how much you have to give.



Oh yeah, coffee....lots of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment