Monday, October 3, 2011

Third Time's A Charm

Well, the nursing faculty obviously hasn't learned and have elected to allow me back for a third year.  I must say that I feel much different going into this year than I have in the previous two.  I feel much less contempt for my surroundings and have actually begun to appreciate a few individuals in my cohort.  So far, I've attributed this change to the fact that I've started drinking coffee in the morning but but we'll pretend it's progress or maturity or something of that sort.

In all seriousness, I don't honestly believe I will ever forgive myself for deciding to become a nurse.  The world of paramedicine will always be infinitely more intriguing to me and I don't believe I will ever match the satisfaction I experienced as a result of having worked in that vocation.  I will undoubtedly carry a measure of self-loathing with me as I submit to the perplexing and often convoluted nursing training and, ultimately, become 'one of them'.

I suppose this blog, being the outlet for all my negativity, serves as a sort of timeline of my progression through the transition from confident EMS professional to furtive, backstabbing RN.

Wow, three years of this and I still don't make any sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment